Civic Solutions is committed to providing our staff and visitors with websites that respect their privacy. This page summarizes
from you, such as your name, phone number, or e-mail address. This information is only obtained if you provide it voluntarily,
through contacting us via e-mail, or through an online form. Any personal information you do provide is managed according
to the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. This means that, at the point of collection,
you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected, and
that you have a right of access to the collected information. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about
sharing personal information with us.
Civic Solutions logs http requests to our server. These logs capture computer information, navigation, and clickstream data. Some
of the information collected does not identify who you are. Other information, such as your domain name or IP address, may
identify you depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. You may wish to ask them about
their policies and practices.
While we make no attempt to link the information captured to the identity of individuals, the information captured does
identify the following:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our website
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our website
- Screen resolution of your monitor
- The date and time you access our website
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the Civic Solutions website from another website, the address of that website. This information is used to help
us make our site more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors to our site, and by monitoring traffic
patterns and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about specific individuals
and their visits. Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Civic Solutions personnel who need the information for legitimate
business purposes such as responding to a request.
- Civic Solutions collects personal information when you register for a service or otherwise voluntarily provide such information.
We may combine personal information collected from you with information from other services or third parties to provide
a better user experience, including customizing content for you.
Civic Solutions websites may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content and the privacy practices of
the accuracy, reliability, and correctness of material and information found.
If you should choose to provide us with personal information-as in an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it
to us through our website-we will use that information to respond to your message and to help us get the information you
have requested. Civic Solutions does not collect personal information for commercial marketing or distribution to any private organizations.
Messages sent via the Internet can be intercepted. If you are concerned about sending your personal information to us via
the Internet, you can use another method such as fax or regular mail.
Where personal information is provided that enters a system of records, it is collected in compliance with section 33 (c)
of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. Civic Solutions collects, creates and maintains information
for the purposes of registration and other activities directly related to its programs. Information collected is only kept
for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you've requested.
- When we use third parties to assist us in processing your personal information, we require that they comply with our Privacy
Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
or services may not function properly as a result.
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such
data if it is inaccurate and delete it, when reasonably possible.